Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tonga

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Meme transmission

I have no iPod, so I cannot participate in the tea-leaves-reading called "Friday iPod Scramble." However, I read lots of books, so when Pharyngula posted this I bit:

We are all lemmings, we bloggers
I obey the ProfGrrrrl:

Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

Pharyngula got it from Profgrrrrl, who attributed to The Chronicles of Dr. Crazy, who in turn linked back to Feministe,who referred to media girl at Feminist Blogs, who discovered it from Lab Kat, who received it from Mustang Bobby, who found it at PSoTD, who learned of it at Redd Turtle, who got it from Feministe. The meme thus created a circle, even as it spreads outward.


Here's my dilemma: there are two books equally within reach my desk. I'll play with both.

1. Homebody/Kabul by Tony Kushner. The sentence (and I play game this verrryyy loosely, because most of this dialogue is not cast in sentences): "Not visa." This line is spoken by a character named Mullah Aftar Ali Durranni.

2. From Gates of Injustice by Alan Elsner: "Thirty-five percent had been raped by their partner." This sentence is from Chapter 7, "Women behind Bars."

I think I'll quit now and go listen to some fun music.