Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tonga

Friday, January 07, 2005

Coy little blogging template

My learning curve on this blog is still pretty flat (because I attend to it only fitfully). Today I finally got around to updating my profile (as in "View my complete profile" on the upper-left corner of the page).

One entry space asked for my birthdate, but offered the option of not disclosing the year of birth. I thought about my need for privacy, and for avoiding age-related inquiries. Deciding that anything short of full disclosure was a little too coy, I entered "02/11/1950", as required by the format.

Imagine how thrilled I was to see that Blogger believes that my birth date may be too personal, and instead has listed my astrological sign.

Announcing to the world that I am an Aquarian is substantially more embarrassing to me than divulging my age.

I suppose it could be worse. I could be a Scorpio.